A ribeye steak sandwich with garlic aioli is a mouth watering sandwich creation that everyone will love. The piece of resistance is the homemade roasted garlic aioli. This sandwich is hearty and relatively quick to make and is great for a family get together or having the boys over for a game. The most labor intensive part of this recipe is the roasted garlic aioli, and not so much work but time. Slow roasting garlic to perfection takes a bit of time but is well worth the wait. The minute you take it off the grill or out of the oven the room is filled with a smell of robust garlic that is so soft it’s almost creamy. You literally want to skip the sandwich and just smear that on some toasted bread with olive oil and call it a day. But if that excites you then just wait to see how it elevates your ribeye steak sandwich.
Roasted Garlic Aioli Recipe
- 1 head garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
Cut off the top of a whole garlic bulb, generously coat in olive oil and completely wrap with aluminum foil.
Oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the garlic wrapped in foil into the oven for about 40 minutes or until soft.
Grill: Prepare the grill for indirect cooking with one side of the burners off and the other set to medium high. Throw the garlic wrapped in foil onto the grill for about 40 minutes or until the garlic is soft.
Remove the garlic from the foil and allow it to cool. Some people say to cool the garlic completely, but I like it a little bit warm still.
Remove a clove and smash it until creamy with a fork.
Mix the garlic with all the ingredients above then allow the mixture to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Or use right away because I have no patience and it’s still delicious!
Ribeye Steak Sandwich Recipe
Ribeye Steak Sandwich
- 8oz Mino Prime Ribeye Steak Sandwich cut
- Black Powder Seasoning
- Sourdough bread roll
- Romaine lettuce (chopped thinly)
- 1 Medium sized tomato (sliced into 2 thick cuts)
- 1 tbl softened butter
- Roasted Garlic Aioli mixture
- Preheat your grill or cast-iron pan to high
- Season Ribeye sandwich cut generously with black powder seasoning
- Prepare your sandwich ingredients
- Chop the romaine lettuce finely
- Slice the tomato into two thick slices season with olive oil and kosher
- Sear the Ribeye on high heat for 1 to 1 min 30 seconds each side.
- Since the steak is thinner using a cast iron pan thrown on the grill or on the stovetop will give the cut a more even sear.
- Throw the sliced seasoned tomatoes in the pan for a quick blister
- Butter the Sourdough bread and grill it for 2 minutes each side for a nice toast
Create your sandwich
- Spread your bread with the Garlic Aioli top with blistered tomato slices then the ribeye steak sandwich cut. Top the steak with the sliced romaine lettuce and the top bun, cut in half and enjoy!
Visit our instagram for a quick video tutorial or call me with any questions
Looking for another Ribeye steak sandwich check out the Ultimate Steak Sandwich video tutorial