It’s hard to beat a Mino Prime Steak burger but adding some mushrooms, Swiss and truffle aioli may take it up a notch. Now I’m a simple guy and only put pickles on my Mino Prime burger but my wife loved this addition and incorporates these into our backyard BBQ’s whenever possible.
For the Burgers:
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 4 (8-ounce Mino Prime Steak Burgers)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, or Gruyère, shredded
For the Truffle Aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil (Available at Whole Foods, Target, Amazon etc.)
- 1 garlic clove
- Prep the onions and mushrooms. This can be done right on the grill in a sauté pan. Heat the pan to medium high heat add in 3 tablespoons of butter then add the onions and a pinch of salt. Sauté until the onions become slightly browned.
- Push the onions to the side of the pan and add in the sliced mushrooms and continue to cook for about 3 minutes or until mushrooms are browned.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and dried thyme, incorporating them in with the onions and mushrooms. Once combine, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Coat the Brioche Buns with Butter and Toast either on the grill surface on in the pan
- Season the Mino Prime Steak burgers with salt and pepper and grill the burgers to desired temperature. Around 5-8 minutes each side for medium.
Make the Truffle Aioli and Assemble
- Whisk together the mayo, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and truffle oil. Grate the garlic into the mixture using a Microplane grater (or finely mince it) and whisk to combine.
- When the burgers are almost finished sprinkle them with some grated cheese then top with mushroom and onion mixture. Add some more cheese on top if you like and allow it to melt.
- Place the truffle aioli on the top and bottom bun then add the burger.
- Now enjoy and indulge in the most savory, juicy burger you will ever have.