The ultimate accompaniment to any perfectly cooked cut of Mino Prime Meat is bacon and potato. A steakhouse meal wouldn’t be complete without them. However you like to incorporate these ingredients wouldn’t disappoint me but if your looking for a quick way to throw it all together try this Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette. This is a great side dish for a BBQ or entertaining summer guests and it’s easy to put together.
Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette Recipe
Prep Time: 40 minutes
1/2 pound Mino Prime Thick Cut Bacon
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar or Sherry Vinegar
Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
1 lb bag of mini Yukon Gold Potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons roughly chopped Italian Parsley for garnish but not necessary
Maldon Sea Salt to finish
- Cook the Mino Prime Thick Cut Bacon in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally until golden brown. about 10 minutes. Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towel and transfer the bacon fat to a mixing bowl. To the mixing bowl add in the mustard, sugar and vinegar to the warm fat, squeezing in the lemon juice. Whisk to combine and season with pepper. Set aside in a warm place.
- For the potatoes: Preheat the grill to medium heat
- Par cook the potatoes in boiling water until slightly tender; or in a microwave safe container filled with a 1/4 cup of water. Microwave on high power until slightly tender, discard the water.
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl with the whole scallions. Coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, coating all the vegetables evenly.
- Place the potatoes on the grill, cut-side down. Grill until tender and caramelized. At the same time place the scallions on the coolest part of the grill and cook without burning or charring them about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the scallions into 1 inch pieces and place in the bowl with the potatoes. Crumble the bacon into the bowl. Add in the Maldon sea salt and Parsley then coat with warm bacon dressing.