BBQ Chicken is a classic summertime dish, especially when you have to feed a lot of people. Not only is it cost effect, but quick and easy. But simply grilling chicken breast won’t wow the crowd. So how do you take it up a notch, marinade. The key to this recipe is a classic summertime favorite, Minute Maid Lemonade. Using the mix as a base gives you a tangy and sweet finish everyone will love.
Ingredients (Feeds 8)
- 4 packages of Mino Prime Chicken Breast– they come in 2-6oz breasts per package
- 4 cups of Minute Maid Lemonade
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large lemons
- canola oil spray for the grill
Prepare the Marinade
- Whisk together the lemonade, garlic, mustard, oregano, dried onion, cumin, 1 tablespoon salt and a few good grinds of pepper in a large liquid measuring cup until combined.
- Place the chicken in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish
- Pour over the chicken, making sure all the pieces are fully submerged. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, then refrigerate at least 4 hours or preferably 24 hours.
- Prepare a grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grill grates.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; reserve 2 cups of marinade and discard the rest. Place the chicken on a paper towel-lined baking sheet and pat dry.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place on the grill, rotate 90 degrees after 3-4 minutes, flip the breasts cooking 3-4 minutes then rotate 90 degrees for another 3-4 minutes. The chicken is done when it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- Transfer to a platter and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Lemonade Sauce- prepare while chicken is cooking
- Transfer the reserved marinade to a small saucepan and place on the still-hot grill. Bring to a boil, then continue to cook until it has thickened slightly and reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Finely grate the zest from 1 of the lemons, then sprinkle over the chicken. Squeeze the juice from half of the zested lemon (about 1 tablespoon) into the sauce and stir to combine. Transfer to a small bowl for serving. Cut the remaining 2 lemons in half crosswise.
- Place the lemon halves on the grill, flesh-side down, and grill until lightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve alongside the chicken and sauce.