These Mino Prime Spicy Italian Sausage sliders are a must try! When @forkmylifechi sent me this recipe I was skeptical but the results were out of this world. This recipe is fast and easy, the only effort lies in squeezing the sausage out of the casing. There is a full tutorial on Chef Morgan Berringtons’ instagram page. I have been working with Morgan for a few months and we have had some amazing collaborations. I love her ability to turn simple into extraordinary, in this case she took our spicy Italian sausage into an insanely tasty slider your whole family will love. Just a tip, use the Burrata Mozzarella, it elevates the dish, especially if you are serving these to a crowd. Enjoy!
Italian Sausage Sliders Recipe
Makes 6-7 sliders
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 pound @minoprime Hot Italian Sausage
- ½ cup Rao’s tomato sauce (or your favorite brand), plus more for serving
- 3 ounces mozzarella or burrata
- 6-7 slider buns (I love Martin’s potato slider buns)
- 7-8 basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a small saucepot, combine chopped garlic, butter, dried parsley and a pinch or two of salt. Turn the heat on low. Let the butter and garlic simmer for a few minutes until fragrant–do not let the butter get brown. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, remove the casing from the hot Italian sausage. Using your hand form the sausage into small patties – about 2¼ ounces each
- Heat a large skillet or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage patties and cook on one side for 2 minutes, flip and cook on the other side for 2 minutes.
- Top sausage patties with tomato sauce and mozzarella. Add a splash of water to the pan and cover with a lid to melt the cheese. If using burrata, add tomato sauce and a splash of water to the pan and cover to heat up tomato sauce. Once hot, remove the sausage sliders and then add the burrata.
- While the sausage is cooking, brush the potato slider buns with the garlic butter and toast in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Place sausage patties on the slider buns and top with fresh basil and serve!