Mino Prime Parmesan Crusted Halibut Recipe
My journey with Mino Prime Steaks has allowed me to meet some pretty amazing people. I love my job and seeing people’s posts with our products is inspiring. Chicago chef @forkmylifechi posted a killer French pork chop recipe and I knew I had to work with her. She makes some pretty approachable recipes using Mino Prime products, so we collaborated on Mino Prime Halibut and more. Everyone knows I’m a steak guy and not a chef so having her perspective on our seafood launch has been invaluable.
I have never put too much thought into seafood but I came across an opportunity to work with a local Chicago company with high quality wild caught seafood, so I thought I would give it a try. After testing it out I am extremely impressed with the flavor and quality. I played around with the salmon, halibut and Chilean seabass. Being a novice with seafood I used my cast iron skillet on the grill for the Mino Prime halibut and created some fish tacos with a spicy fruit salsa and avocado. For the Mino Prime salmon I grilled it in foil packet with a citrus seasoning( lemon, thyme, Himalayan salt, black and cayenne pepper. Cooking salmon well done is a no no in my opinion and with this quality you can rock a medium temp and it is delicious. I will share my attempts in another post.
This Parmesan Crusted Halibut recipe, brought to you by @forkmylifechi has 6 simple ingredients. Simplicity is key when you are busy and that’s why I love cooking with Mino Prime Steaks products, high quality meat, a veggie or salad and you have a dinner you can feel good about on the table in 15 minutes. Enough about us let’s get into the recipe.
Parmesan Crusted Halibut Ingredients
- 8oz @minoprimesteaks halibut
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1.5 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- pinch of cayenne and garlic powder
- 1 tbsp mayo
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Parmesan Crusted Halibut Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl combine panko breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Season the halibut with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread mayo on top of the filet. Spread breadcrumb mixture evenly on top of the mayo.
- Put halibut filet on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Serve!