This just looks amazing! Mino Prime is all about bringing you quick, quality meal ideas and these grilled lemon-garlic chicken and tomato kebabs do not fall short. All you need is a blender, skewers and a grill. So easy and the flavor is out of this world, especially if you pair this with some penne pasta tossed in EVOO, salt and pepper. This is a great recipe for entertaining or a nice quick meal for the family.
Grilled Lemon-Garlic Chicken Kebab Recipe
- For the Kebabs:
- 3 medium cloves garlic, grated or minced (about 1 tablespoon; 15g)
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) grated zest and 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon (about 4g) coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (about 2g) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (about 2g) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds or 3 packages Mino Prime 6oz Chicken Breast
- 1 pint large cherry tomatoes (about 12 ounces; 340g)
- For the Chimichurri:
- 1 1/4 cups fresh basil leaves (about 1 1/4 ounces; 35g)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (about 1/4 ounce; 10g)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, grated (about 1 teaspoon; 4g)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- For Charcoal Grills: Light 1/2 chimney full of charcoal. When all charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange coals on one side of charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill, and allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
- For Gas Grills: Preheat the grill to 500 degrees or high on 3 burners and one side burner to 300 degrees or medium-low
- For the Kebabs: While grill preheats, whisk together garlic, oil, lemon zest and juice, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Prick chicken all over with a fork, then cut into 2-inch chunks. Add to marinade and mix to coat. It needs to sit for only about 5 minutes.
For the Chimichurri: While chicken marinates, combine basil, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, a large pinch of salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until herbs are coarsely chopped. Season to taste with more salt and pepper as desired. Pour into a serving bowl and leave at room temperature until chicken is ready. Here is a video tutorial I like from Natasha’s kitchen this a great watch if you don’t have a food processor, she also uses the traditional ingredients here, which also great with this dish.
- Thread chicken onto metal (or pre-soaked bamboo) skewers. Make sure to leave a little room between pieces on the skewers so they cook evenly.
- Thread tomatoes onto separate skewers, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Grill Mino Prime chicken and tomatoes over direct heat until tomatoes are softened and chicken is lightly charred and cooked through, turning skewers occasionally, about 5 minutes for tomatoes and 10 minutes for chicken.
- Transfer chicken and tomato skewers to a platter and serve with chimichurri.