I love anything on a skewer. Mino Prime is all about making delicious meals quickly. I found this Sweet and Sour grilled chicken skewer recipe online from Serious Eats and loved the flavors, not to mention the under one hour prep to table time. Pair this with some steamed Jasmine rice, grilled pineapple and onion. Let me know how fast your kids ask for seconds!
- For the Nanbansu Marinade and Dip:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (120ml)
- 1/2 cup mirin (120ml)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (60ml)
- 1/4 cup sugar (1 3/4 ounces; 50g)
- For the Chicken Skewers:
- 1 pound or 4 6oz Mino Prime chicken breast cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch pieces
- For the Nanbansu Marinade and Dip: In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, and sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Nanbansu will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- For the Chicken Skewers: Place chicken meat in a 1-gallon zipper-lock bag. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into the bag (or 1/3 cup into each bag), press out the air, and seal. Let marinate 8 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes (to prevent them from burning up on the grill). Preheat the grill to 500 degrees, allowing it to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thread 5 to 6 pieces of chicken onto each skewer, pushing the pieces together so that they’re touching. (This will keep the meat from drying out, but will ensure that the exteriors get crispy.)
- Grill chicken skewers over high heat, turning frequently, until well browned outside and cooked through on the inside, about 10 minutes total. If chicken begins to burn at any point, turn off the burners on half of the grill and move the skewers to the cooler side to finish cooking.